ECAMPUS UNIVERSITY (UTEC)
eCampus University, established on the basis of the Italian Ministerial Decree of 30th January 2006, is one of the biggest Italian online Universities. The University is composed of 5 Faculties: Economics, Engineering, Law, Letters and Humanities and Psychology having both Bachelor and Master degrees in a variety of subjects.
eCampus University has offices located in several Italian cities and its operational headquarters are in the former IBM centre in Novedrate (Como). The University employs more than 200 people, among them administrative staff, full professors, associate professors, assistant professors and teaching assistants.
eCampus university features a series of activities:
- online teaching and scholarly research;
- online tutoring: tutors are in charge of monitoring and supervising the teaching activities of their students, in order to organize the students' learning activities;
- workshops and seminars;
- organization of scientific and cultural events, aimed at enriching the educational offer.
eCampus will participate in the project through the Research Centre in Energy and Environment of the Industrial Engineering Department. The Centre is active in many sectors related to the Environmental and Energy Sciences and Technologies and has a significant experience in the study and application of innovative energy technologies in the built environment. In addition, e-Campus works in very close cooperation with researchers and professors of the Università Politecnica delle Marche. This affiliation allows both Universities to share the teaching laboratories and facilities together with up-to date IT technologies.
eCampus has close relationship with private companies and public authorities to support innovation teaching processes and technologies and it is currently involved in a number of national and international research projects. These include the H2020 EU project 'Innova Microsolar'.
The key activities of the staff members involved in this project are mainly focused on Energy Systems Management and their Environmental Impact, Demand Side Management in Buildings, Innovative Technologies and Renewables and Thermal Storage Technologies.
- To coordinate and manage the Project execution and monitoring the progress;
- To take part in the Project Network development;
- To take part in the modernisation and enhancing course structures at Bachelor, Master and PhD levels and of syllabus of the selected modules on Integration of Sustainable Renewable Energy Solutions into the Built Environment with the aim to re-focus on teaching students modern and future advanced technologies, taking into account the latest developments at the international level. Also UTEC will play a significant role in the distance improvement of Skills Development of PhD students in Integration of Renewable Energy Technologies into Buildings.
- To assist partners in setting up teaching laboratories and deriving the Laboratory work notes;
- To take part in the teaching process;
- To participate in quality assurance of all teaching materials, methods and processes;
- To coordinate the promotion of project and dissemination of its results at national and international levels.