CHIANG MAI UNIVERSITY (CMU)
Chiang Mai University (CMU) is interdisciplinary public and Research University, founded in January 1964 under a Royal Charter granted by His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej. Ever since its founding, CMU has been focused at being comprehensive institution of higher learning while providing a broad range of academic programs. In the field of research, CMU has been launching innovative initiatives and development projects, the results of which are utilized to further advance the standards of teaching, learning and technology transfer, supporting the social and economic development of the region and the country as a whole.
Faculty of Engineering was founded in June 3, 1970 with the purpose to create qualified engineers who have appropriate knowledge and skill for the engineering profession, with the target of development our country. According to the policies of Chiang Mai University and government, the faculty aims to conduct research and providing community’s services. The Faculty of Engineering consists of 7 departments and these are Civil Engineering Department, Electrical Engineering Department, Mechanical Engineering Department, Mining Engineering and Petroleum Department, Environmental Engineering Department, Industrial Engineering Department and Computer Engineering Department.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was founded in 1977 as a part of the Faculty of Engineering with aim to excel in Research and Academic Services. The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers a range of academic programs leading to Bachelor, Master and Ph.D. degrees in Mechanical Engineering, Master Degree in Energy Engineering and Ph.D. Degree in Energy Engineering. The academic staff is made of 3 Professors, 11 Associate Professors, 27 Assistant Professors and 10 Lecturers.
- To take part in the Project Network development in Asian Region;
- To take part in the modernisation and enhancing course structures at Bachelor, Master and PhD levels and of syllabus of the selected modules on Integration of Sustainable Renewable Energy Solutions into the Built Environment with the aim to re-focus on teaching students modern and future advanced technologies, taking into account the latest developments at the international level. Also CMU will play a considerable role in the distance improvement of Skills Development of PhD students in Integration of Renewable Energy Technologies into Buildings.
- To participate in setting up teaching laboratories and delivering the Laboratory work notes at CMU;
- To organise teaching processes at CMU;
- To participate in quality assurance of all teaching materials, methods and processes at CMU;
- To coordinate the promotion of project and dissemination of its results at national and international levels.